Server Hung - Services need to configure to alert in case of server Hung RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

Please let me know what all services need to configure to alert in case server hung.

To my knowledge server service, Netlogon service , apart from this please let me know in case of another service.

Paramesh KA

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 3:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I am checking to see if the problem has been resolved. If there's anything you'd like to know, don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by paramesh123 Thursday, January 19, 2017 2:02 PM
    Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>Hi Team,

Please let me know what all services need to configure to alert in case server hung.

To my knowledge server service, Netlogon service , apart from this please let me know in case of another service.

1.If you are talking about monitor server hung state,typically,we do it from another machin,use something as simple as a web service, or do a remote WMI call to query something. We may need workstation,WinRM services.

2.If you are talking about monitor hung service,you could use this script:

Check for hung or stopped services

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Check-for-hung-or-stopped-67bc718d

Best Regards
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 5:37 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see if the problem has been resolved. If there's anything you'd like to know, don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards
    Cartman

• Marked as answer by paramesh123 Thursday, January 19, 2017 2:02 PM
    Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:43 AM
  • Nothing Much Carter! Thank you.

Paramesh KA

Thursday, January 19, 2017 2:02 PM
  • You first need to define what you mean by 'server hung'.  Since there are many services running on any Windows server, 'hanging' any one of those services could be considered a hung system.  Generally, once you have defined what you mean by 'hung', you would write some sort of monitor that would test for the availability of that service.  Some of this can be done with monitoring programs like System Center Configuration Manager, but there are others.  Or you can write your own scripts tailored to your specific needs.

. : | : . : | : . tim

Sunday, January 22, 2017 11:45 PM