none
Powershell Script to identify Office version on a remote system using computer name RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

I would like to know the script to identify Office version (With Bit) on a remote system using computer name. 

Kindly update me with the commands. 

Regards,

Anbarasu P.

Monday, August 7, 2017 3:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Anbarasu P K 

You can use Get-WmiObject to find the version of Office installed on a remote computer. Below would check a remote computer for Office pro plus. You can edit or add filters for addtional version of Office. 

Get-WmiObject win32_product -ComputerName computername | where{$_.Name -like "Microsoft Office Professional Plus*"} | select Name,Version

• Marked as answer by Anbarasu P K Monday, August 7, 2017 5:33 PM
    Monday, August 7, 2017 4:27 PM
  • * is a wild card. If you use it after Microsoft it will return all Microsoft products. If you want to find different version of office you can use -or in the where-object filter. 

where{$_.Name -like "Microsoft Office Professional Plus*" -or $_.Name -Like "Microsoft Office Standard*" } 

Monday, August 7, 2017 5:18 PM

All replies

• The following post is right at the top of this forum. Please read this first.

This forum is for scripting questions rather than script requests

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Monday, August 7, 2017 3:47 PM
  • Hi Anbarasu P K 

You can use Get-WmiObject to find the version of Office installed on a remote computer. Below would check a remote computer for Office pro plus. You can edit or add filters for addtional version of Office. 

Get-WmiObject win32_product -ComputerName computername | where{$_.Name -like "Microsoft Office Professional Plus*"} | select Name,Version

Monday, August 7, 2017 4:27 PM
  • Thank you so much for spending your valuable time. I just started learning Powershell. When I run the below query, it is not displaying Office Product but it displays all other products starts with "Microsoft". Please help me on this. 

Get-WmiObject win32_product -ComputerName computername | where{$_.Name -like "Microsoft*"} | select Name,Version

• Unmarked as answer by Anbarasu P K Monday, August 7, 2017 5:33 PM
    Monday, August 7, 2017 4:52 PM
  • * is a wild card. If you use it after Microsoft it will return all Microsoft products. If you want to find different version of office you can use -or in the where-object filter. 

where{$_.Name -like "Microsoft Office Professional Plus*" -or $_.Name -Like "Microsoft Office Standard*" } 

Monday, August 7, 2017 5:18 PM