How does Exchange 2013 CU3 UM handle Diversion headers? RRS feed

• Question

• We have an interesting issue going on here..

We have a Cisco 8.6 Call manager with Exchange managing voice mail.

Say User A has a forward to User B.

Call comes in to user A. forwards to B.. B does not answer and they get voice mail for user B when they are expecting voice mail for user A.

In this scenario Exchange will see multiple diversions headers. Is it designed to pick up on the first diversion header or the last?

Thursday, March 6, 2014 5:21 PM

All replies

• The last diversion header.  I have had to modify this at the gateway level a few times to get the functionality I wanted by having it pull the first.  This can't be modified in Exchange I don't believe.  Not sure what you can do with pure Cisco to Exchange.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

Thursday, March 6, 2014 8:28 PM
  • Anthony,

Its interesting you say that because that is the total opposite of my experience.  I'm currently working on a CME 9.5 to Exchange 2013 deployment where most users have DIDs.

When a call comes in to the extension to which the DID points, and the call rolls over to Exchange typically we receive a message stating that there is no mailbox associated with the extension because Exchange is reading the first diversion header information (Wireshark shows two headers and the DID is always numbered 1) which has the DID number rather than the redirecting extension.  I've had to either add the last 3 digits of the DID to the users mailbox or manually transform the SIP INVITE diversion header to get around this problem.

Monday, March 17, 2014 5:51 PM