I would like to create a pagerduty alert from SCSM incident. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I would like to care pager duty alert from SCSM incident.

Scenario : When higher management (Like VP and director) send a mail request to SCSM that will create incident in scsm without issues.

Here I need two things

1.That incident should be create with priority 1.

2.The incident should be forwarded to email (Pagerduty) with the same (Original)massage body for quick response.  

Thanks

Krish

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 11:46 AM

Answers

• By default the subject of the incoming mail (the mail that creates the incident in SCSM) will be the title of the incident. The body of the incoming mail will be the description of the incident by default. So you can insert the title and the description of the incident in the notification template by using the "Insert" button in the Notifiction Template wizard.

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 2:13 PM

All replies

• As I wrote in your other thread withe the same question regarding Prio 1 incident.

You can do this with a SCSM workflow and PowerShell or Orchestrator runbook:

• Trigger condition of the workflow: If incident is created -> Source = Email + Affected User = XYZ
    • Action: Set Impact and/or Urgency so the Priority gets 1 for this incident

Hope this helps.

Regarding your second question: It's possible to send an email via SCSM notification workflow based on the same criteria to a specified email address. Also Orchestrator can handle this in a runbook.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 1:45 PM
  • Hi Andreas,

Could you please elaborate the work flow criteria for my second question.

Thanks 

Krish

Friday, February 13, 2015 1:25 AM
  • If I got your requirement of the second question right it could be the same criteria for the workflow as the first one. The second workflow should be a notification workflow instead of an "apply template with Urgency/Impact for Priority 1".

• Trigger condition of the notification workflow: If incident is created -> Source = Email + Affected User = XYZ
    • Action: Send notification using notification template to email adress pager@something.net

Friday, February 13, 2015 7:03 AM
  • Hi Andreas,

I have creted criteria "Trigger condition of the notification workflow: If incident is created -> Source = Email + Affected User = XYZ.But unable to Get action "Action: Send notification using notification template to email address pager@something.net"

Could you please provide an example to send mail to pager@something.net with screenshot.

Thanks

Krish

Monday, February 16, 2015 11:06 AM
  • You already created a Notification Template?

If so:

SCSM Console -> Administration -> Notifications -> Subscriptions -> Task "Create Subscription"

Click through the "Create E-Mail Nototification Subscription" wizard:

• Before You Begin
    • General (provide required information)
    • Additional Criteria (provide your criteria)
    • Template (select your created Notification Template from list)
    • Recipient (add your recipient (user) e.g. pager@something.net, if you haven't the user available you have to create a new user in SCSM console -> Configuration Items -> Users -> Task "Create User")
    • Related Recipients (choose nothing)
    • Summary (verify & click Create)

Done

Hope this helps.

Monday, February 16, 2015 12:06 PM
  • Thanks Andreas ,

My PagerDuty Subject and description should be the same as I got mail from third party Monitoring application.Please let me know how can i create a Template which will use the same subject and Description.

Thanks

Krish

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 1:29 PM
  • By default the subject of the incoming mail (the mail that creates the incident in SCSM) will be the title of the incident. The body of the incoming mail will be the description of the incident by default. So you can insert the title and the description of the incident in the notification template by using the "Insert" button in the Notifiction Template wizard.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 2:13 PM
  • Thanks Andreas..

Regards,

H@ri

• Edited by Krish Pala Friday, February 20, 2015 6:38 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Krish Pala Friday, February 20, 2015 6:38 AM
    Friday, February 20, 2015 6:38 AM