none
IP Change RRS feed

• Question

• I am updating IP on server running UAG 2010 SP1. Anyone done this? Can anyone offer advice on things to look out for.

Kind Regards,

Phil.

IT Manager

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 7:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I have done this on a number of different UAG standalone and array's even though it is not supported by MS. it still works. Just allow time for the server to settle down

Please see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607458.aspx and http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg315308.aspx to help.

Regards, Rmknight

Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:37 AM
  • I have done it successfully a number of times as well. The biggest thing to watch out for in my opinion comes if you are using DirectAccess. If you change the internal IP many times folks forget to adjust the ISATAP records (if you are using them) and if you change the public IPs you should know that you will break all of your DirectAccess client connections, and they will not be able to connect through the new IPs until the client machine gets a Group Policy refresh. So the users can either come into the office to get their new settings, or you can have some kind of VPN (or the SSTP VPN running through a UAG portal) that the users can launch, connect via VPN, do a gpupdate, and get their new settings that way.

You'll also have to take special care if you are moving an array. Standalone is easy, but with array you need to make sure you adjust not only your NIC IP addresses, but accomodate for all VIPs setup in UAG as well.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:54 PM
  • Hi, can someone, please, help with the following problem:

I have UAG/TMG array for DA. and I also use UAG trunks reverse proxy functions , for lync for example.

The problem is, that I need to add new additional IP addresses to the external UAG interfaces in order to configure trunk on them, because new trunk requires new IP addresses.

However, when I add addresses to the interface, UAG/TMG removes them....

Is there a solution how to add additional addresses?

Thanks a lot,

Romans

Friday, April 27, 2012 11:43 AM
  • You said you are running an array, does that mean you are using the integrated network load balancing as well? When you use NLB you are only allowed to have one dedicated IP address on each NIC. Any additional IP addresses must be created as VIPs from inside the UAG Management software.

Monday, April 30, 2012 6:27 PM