Deploy windows updates RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

1-Let's say I select > Updates>Updates needed by computers> right click on update > approve> select testing-group>hit ok. It shows > (install (3/5) not sure what's that mean?

2-after I approved how would I know its been deployed successfully to testing-group and its safe to deploy on production systems?

Thank you in advanced

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 3:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

1. The parenthetical numbers are documenting how many groups are configured for Install. In your case, 3 of 5 groups has the update approved for install. 

2. First to know is that next time clients hits maintenance interval you have configured in group policy, it'll go about downloading, installing, and perhaps rebooting the computer in order to support the installation of this update.

You can run reports and check if the updates are installed or not. Then you will need to check how you applications are working with the new updates before deploying it in production. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. 
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

nedimmehic.org

Monday, July 31, 2017 11:59 AM