none
I Cannot set permissions to file ‪D:\Steam\steamapps\downloading\570 and I need a solution. RRS feed

• Question

•        Ok, I want to delete this file but it keeps on saying that I need permissions from HOME\MSI Gaming. I've tried going to the file's properties, security tab, advanced, but it still say that it denies access to changing permissions of the file, the error goes with something like "(file location) failed to enumerate objects in the container, access denied", and this goes for all the folders inside this root folder. If i try to edit the permissions of my child folders, I  couldn't access the securit tab and it says: You must have read permissions to view the properties of this object. Click Advanced to continue." When I do, I'm at the advanced security settings window of the folder, and I can't see the groups or individuals and their permissions.

Everytime I try to change permissions on this folder thats what always comes up to me. I really need help. This problem gets to my nerves and stresses me out as there are so little articles and solutions about this and its aggravating.

My specs:

MSI Laptop GP62 6QF LEOPARD PRO

i7-6700HQ CPU @2.60GHz

RAM: 8GB, HDD: 1 TB C: and D:

Friday, December 16, 2016 10:09 AM

All replies

• What is the owner the of the file? If you select the security tab  then advanced what does that show as the owner, if you take ownership of the file with the change button, then close the settings all of them. Then open again and change the security does that work?

Friday, December 16, 2016 11:56 PM