none
The "Resource Center" / "Resource Availability" shows "zero" capacity while the user was active. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

This a question for PWA 2010 regarding the "Resource Center" / "Resource Availability" management.

In the "Resource Availability" view, I select a date range in the past for a user.
    For example, the capacity is 40 hours a week and the availability depends on the existing assignments of this user.

Then I deactivate the user in the “Manage Users” of PWA.
    I check again the same period in the past.
    Now the capacity is 0 hours and some availability are zero or negative.

I think this is because the “Resource Availability” report check if the user is active or inactive but doesn’t have the information how was set this status for the past period.

I don’t think we can manage that. Can you confirm? 

Thank you in advance
    Pascal Jean

Thursday, September 25, 2014 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Pascal,

One of the things you can try is to play initially with the resource availability in Project Pro and instead of inactivating the resource you can specify the resource is available 0% from a specific date. The resource can be inactivated once the resource reporting becomes obsolete

The PM will not be notified that they have an inactive resource in this case but they will see the resource over-allocated

Hope this helps

Paul

Thursday, September 25, 2014 12:59 PM
  • Thank you Paul for your answer.
    I'll look at it now to see if it fits the needs.

Pascal Jean

Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:57 PM