BSOD With OCZ Agility 3 After Installing Windows 7 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• If I install Windows 7 RTM it detects and works with the SSD fine everything runs and there are no problems. I then install the nForce drivers without the storage controller drivers to take advantage of TRIM which is present in the standard Windows 7 driver.

If I upgrade the system to Windows 7 SP1 the SSD will immediately cause a BSOD on boot. If I try to do a clean install with SP1 media the drive isn't detected during installation without refreshing several times and again this causes a BSOD the first time the system boots, however interestingly if I point the installer to the nVidia AHCI drivers it detects and installs fine and there are no BSODs even with SP1 present. This is the way I'm currently using my system and have been doing so since November, with the nVidia AHCI drivers rather than the Microsoft ones, however I just found out that by doing this there is no TRIM Support. Is this a known problem with this chipset and is there a fix for it, I have the latest firmware for the drive and the latest BIOS for the motherboard.

Asrock K10N78
    BIOS 2.00
    nForce 730a

The drive works fine with the Microsoft AHCI drivers in both Vista & 7 RTM, it's only once 7 SP1 is applied that the BSODs show on boot. I've asked on another forum and was advised to roll the Microsoft AHCI driver back to pre-sp1 however this is not possible as the only way to use an SP1 machine is to install with the nVidia driver.
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 9:22 PM

Answers

All replies