SCCM 2012 Reports don't show for other users. RRS feed

• Question

• I've got SCCM 2012 installed.  Administrators have no problems seeing reports but regular users can't.

I've given the regular users the 'read-only analyst' role which has the 'run report' permissions.

I can't seem to find something that explains the issue.  Trying to setup permissions from the Reports console for SQL Server doesn't work because they are changed after 15 minutes.

David Jenkins

Monday, July 29, 2013 7:22 PM

Answers

• I was right.

If your regular users can't see the Reports make sure you setup a security scope on the Site to allow them to view the configuration.

David Jenkins

Monday, July 29, 2013 8:52 PM

All replies

• So it appears like although the permissions for users are correct they can't pick the "Reporting Services Point" which should have shown by default.  That makes me think that the user doesn't have permissions to see the configuration information. 

Like you have to give permissions to see the site hierarchy to allow them to know where the report server is.

David Jenkins

Monday, July 29, 2013 8:46 PM
  • What's happening when they are trying to run reports? Don't they show up at all? Or is whatever message displayed? Can they open http://srs-server/Reports?
    You should not set the permissions using SQL tools, because they are replaced by ConfigMgr every 10min.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Monday, July 29, 2013 8:47 PM
  • I was right.

If your regular users can't see the Reports make sure you setup a security scope on the Site to allow them to view the configuration.

David Jenkins

Monday, July 29, 2013 8:52 PM
  • In case you don't know what I mean....

Create a "scope". 

Ensure the scope is included in the "Administrative Users" configuration for that group or user.

Go to Site Configuration > Sites > Right click your site > Set security scope > apply to the scope you created

David Jenkins

Monday, July 29, 2013 8:55 PM