none
Error creating excel reports in Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am encountering several connectivity errors while creating excel sample BI reports in Project Server 2010. Whether it may be sample reports or templates available Business Intelligence site in Project Server, I am facing these below errors in sequence. I have done all the pre-configurations before creating reports such as configuring excel services and secure store services. But don't know what is the exact problem.

I checked on the web and perform the suggested troubleshooting but still no luck.

Friday, March 8, 2013 5:36 PM

All replies

• Looks like you are trying to perform above actions from external network.? Please confirm.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, March 8, 2013 6:22 PM
  • Definitely not authenticating to the database server.  You need to have read access on the Reporting database.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Saturday, March 9, 2013 2:02 AM
  • Hi Hrishi and Andrew,

Many thanks to both of you for your valuable replies.

No Hrishi, I am not performing this action through external network. The web/application server and database server are within the same domain and internal network.

Yes, Andrew if anybody sees it he/she will definitely say it is an authentication issue. But strange thing is that the account that I am using as a report author has sufficient access to the reporting DB, actually the author has owner permissions.

Any further ideas?

Thanks & Best Regards.

Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:02 PM
  • You are welcome Zakir, we are always here for help and learn new things from each other.

About your issue test connectivity and authentication by creating UDL file.

Also by any chance are you using SQL alias?

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, March 11, 2013 4:22 AM