IMAP4 Service Crashes every few minutes RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

for two days now I have the problem, that the Imap4-Service crashes every ten minutes. I think this is caused by a user. The crash ends up in the eventID 1000:

"Faulting application microsoft.exchange.imap4.exe, version 8.3.83.0, stamp 4be1ecbb, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.2.3790.4480, stamp 49c51cdd, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000000000027ded.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

According to KB982476 this should not happen on ServicePack3 Rollup2 on Exchange 2007. On this system SP3 Rollup 6 is installed. The server is a CAS/HUB Server in an CCR-Setup.

Can you please help me with that problem?

Friday, November 22, 2013 1:14 PM

Answers

• That KB addresses a specific cause, but it may not be the only cause of that event. I think you'd do better to open a case with MS for this problem.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Saturday, November 23, 2013 6:03 PM
  • Hi,

Considering your concern that the issue may be caused by a user, we can firstly disable the mailbox and have a test.
    And here is a reference about disabling and reconnecting mailbox:
    http://theblownlightbulb.com/2010/10/20/how-to-reconnect-a-disabled-mailbox-in-exchange-2007/
    Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

And we can enable IMAP protocol logging to find the root cause:
    To enable: Set-IMAPSettings -Server "CAS01" -ProtocolLogEnabled $true
    Here is the path where IMAP protocol log is located in :
    Exchange install path/ transport roles/ logs/protocol logs

If you have any question, please feel free to let me know.
    Thanks,
    Angela

Angela Shi
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 25, 2013 8:22 AM

All replies

• That KB addresses a specific cause, but it may not be the only cause of that event. I think you'd do better to open a case with MS for this problem.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Saturday, November 23, 2013 6:03 PM
  • Hi,

Considering your concern that the issue may be caused by a user, we can firstly disable the mailbox and have a test.
    And here is a reference about disabling and reconnecting mailbox:
    http://theblownlightbulb.com/2010/10/20/how-to-reconnect-a-disabled-mailbox-in-exchange-2007/
    Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

And we can enable IMAP protocol logging to find the root cause:
    To enable: Set-IMAPSettings -Server "CAS01" -ProtocolLogEnabled $true
    Here is the path where IMAP protocol log is located in :
    Exchange install path/ transport roles/ logs/protocol logs

If you have any question, please feel free to let me know.
    Thanks,
    Angela

Angela Shi
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 25, 2013 8:22 AM