Exchange 2007 Fail to send mail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a problem in Exchange 2007 Standard Ed.

All Service packe are applied to Exchange and windows 2008 Standard.

When I send mail from different clients Exchange send correctly the 90%. Receive always correctly.

The problem is that there are mails that fail to delivery and the reply is from server that is not correctly for destination domain. Like that Exchange or DNS resolve random the IP of the SMTP destination server.

I try to resolve with exter nslookup on the connector to Internet, Change DNS of the forward server and so on.

Nslookup from the Exchange server resolve correctly the destination domain and MX record but when Exchange try to send, sometime invent the IP destination.

Was happened that differents clients on the same email to distribution group have different results.

I hope you have solution.

Best regards

Thursday, October 25, 2012 4:55 PM

Answers

• Do you get an error message / bounceback message o nthe messages that do not reach their destination?  Can you copy & paste one or two of the bounceback messages here?

Use http://mxtoolbox.com to see if your "Reverse DNS Lookup" is configured correctly.  You may need to call your Internet Service Provider and ask them to create a Pointer Record (PTR Record) from your mails erver's domain to your IP address (for example: mail.XYZ.com to 123.123.123.123).

Don't forget, if you find the help you need, click the "Propose as Answer" link at the bottom of the post containing the solution!
    NuAngel.net

Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:11 PM
  • On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 16:55:06 +0000, ITForPassion wrote:

>
    >
    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a problem in Exchange 2007 Standard Ed.
    >
    >All Service packe are applied to Exchange and windows 2008 Standard.
    >
    >When I send mail from different clients Exchange send correctly the 90%. Receive always correctly.
    >
    >The problem is that there are mails that fail to delivery and the reply is from server that is not correctly for destination domain. Like that Exchange or DNS resolve random the IP of the SMTP destination server.
    >
    >I try to resolve with exter nslookup on the connector to Internet, Change DNS of the forward server and so on.
    >
    >Nslookup from the Exchange server resolve correctly the destination domain and MX record but when Exchange try to send, sometime invent the IP destination.
    >
    >Was happened that differents clients on the same email to distribution group have different results.
    >
    >I hope you have solution.

If all of your machines and send connectors are using internal DNS
    server it'd be a good idea to first clear the cache on each of the DNS
    servers. Then clear the DNS cache on each of the HT servers, and
    restart the transport service on the HT servers.

If you have a mixture od internal and external DNS on the HT servers
    anf send connectors you should standardize on just one way of
    resolving names.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:38 PM

All replies

• Do you get an error message / bounceback message o nthe messages that do not reach their destination?  Can you copy & paste one or two of the bounceback messages here?

Use http://mxtoolbox.com to see if your "Reverse DNS Lookup" is configured correctly.  You may need to call your Internet Service Provider and ask them to create a Pointer Record (PTR Record) from your mails erver's domain to your IP address (for example: mail.XYZ.com to 123.123.123.123).

Don't forget, if you find the help you need, click the "Propose as Answer" link at the bottom of the post containing the solution!
    NuAngel.net

Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:11 PM
  • On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 16:55:06 +0000, ITForPassion wrote:

>
    >
    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a problem in Exchange 2007 Standard Ed.
    >
    >All Service packe are applied to Exchange and windows 2008 Standard.
    >
    >When I send mail from different clients Exchange send correctly the 90%. Receive always correctly.
    >
    >The problem is that there are mails that fail to delivery and the reply is from server that is not correctly for destination domain. Like that Exchange or DNS resolve random the IP of the SMTP destination server.
    >
    >I try to resolve with exter nslookup on the connector to Internet, Change DNS of the forward server and so on.
    >
    >Nslookup from the Exchange server resolve correctly the destination domain and MX record but when Exchange try to send, sometime invent the IP destination.
    >
    >Was happened that differents clients on the same email to distribution group have different results.
    >
    >I hope you have solution.

If all of your machines and send connectors are using internal DNS
    server it'd be a good idea to first clear the cache on each of the DNS
    servers. Then clear the DNS cache on each of the HT servers, and
    restart the transport service on the HT servers.

If you have a mixture od internal and external DNS on the HT servers
    anf send connectors you should standardize on just one way of
    resolving names.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:38 PM