Email Not delivering from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a coexistence of exchange 2010 and 2016. Recently, I noticed mail queue growing on the 2010 transport hub and all of them are mails from exchange 2010 mailboxes to exchange 2016 mailboxes. 

Messages from 2016 to 2010 delivers without issues but not the other way around. External mails to exchange 2016 mailboxes also fails.

Appreciate all the help I can get

..forever is just a minute away*

Monday, September 3, 2018 9:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please run the following command to check status and LastError field in the output. 

Get-Queue -Server "<Exch2010>" | fl

Besides, refer to the answered reply in the following link: Internal Email Stuck in Queue During Exchange 2010/2016 coexistence 

"It seems that when you create an additional receive connector, with specific IP addresses as relays, that include the IP addresses of the 2010 server, this causes authentication problems, as the connector with the specific IP addresses always gets used first, so there are authentication problems."

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Richard_Steiner Wednesday, September 5, 2018 11:58 AM
    Tuesday, September 4, 2018 9:18 AM
  • Hi Manu,

Thank you for reaching out, I was able to get to the cause of the problem. There was an antispam solution (MailScan) that was installed on the 2016 server and in its configuration, the 2010 server was not included as an accepted server for smtp service. Once I added this, all mails in the queue cleared up and got delivered.

Thanks again Manu.

Regards,

Richard

• Proposed as answer by Manu Meng Wednesday, September 5, 2018 6:07 AM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2018 6:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please run the following command to check status and LastError field in the output. 

Get-Queue -Server "<Exch2010>" | fl

Besides, refer to the answered reply in the following link: Internal Email Stuck in Queue During Exchange 2010/2016 coexistence 

"It seems that when you create an additional receive connector, with specific IP addresses as relays, that include the IP addresses of the 2010 server, this causes authentication problems, as the connector with the specific IP addresses always gets used first, so there are authentication problems."

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 9:18 AM
  • Hi Manu,

Thank you for reaching out, I was able to get to the cause of the problem. There was an antispam solution (MailScan) that was installed on the 2016 server and in its configuration, the 2010 server was not included as an accepted server for smtp service. Once I added this, all mails in the queue cleared up and got delivered.

Thanks again Manu.

Regards,

Richard

• Proposed as answer by Manu Meng Wednesday, September 5, 2018 6:07 AM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2018 6:04 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for sharing the solution!

If you don't mind, we'd suggest you mark the replies above as answers, so it will be easy for other community members to find the useful one/ones.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Manu Meng

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 6:08 AM