none
how do I disable TLS 1.0 on Windows Server 2008 R2

Question

• Hi,

How can I disabled TLS 1.0 on Windows Server 2008 R2?

I have disabled TLS 1.0 through Internet Explorer by going into Tools-->Internet Options-->Advanced tab and the unchecking TLS 1.0

However I don't think that is totally disabling TLS 1.0 on the server as a QualysGuard scan still shows TLS 1.0 enabled.  How can I disable TLS 1.0 fully?

This server is a file server and could disabling TLS 1.0 have any adverse side effects?

Thanks for any help.

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 7:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in our forum.

For your needs, we could add/modify registry settings to disable TLS 1.0.

Detailed settings and steps, please refer to the following article:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/friis/2016/07/25/disabling-tls-1-0-on-your-windows-2008-r2-server-just-because-you-still-have-one

If you have anything unclear, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 9, 2018 3:16 AM
  • Thanks for the info William.  I will try that.
    Friday, May 11, 2018 9:16 PM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, May 20, 2018 2:53 AM