Inbound calls in Lync 2013 using a HP MSR 3020 Gateway RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Lync 2013 Setup, with a collocated Mediation Server. I have also created a SIP Trunk to a HP MSR 3020 Gateway.

Outbound calls are working fine. However, Incoming calls are not ring at the extensions.

What and where could the problem be?

Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:44 AM

Answers

• I found the solution after extensive research. Below is what we did:

1. Upgraded the HP MSR 3040 comware to version 5.2., release 2317.

1. Ensured that the Lync 2013 SIP Trunk is configured to use TCP ports (in my case 5060 on the MSR Gateway and 5068 on the mediation Server)

The MSR Gateway uses port 5060 by default. When the port is changed to port 5068 calls reach/hit the Lync server. However, I was getting an error: 'SIP/2.0 404 No matching rule has been found in the dial plan for the called number.' To resolve the error use the following link: http://blog.asirsl.com/Lists/EntradasDeBlog/Post.aspx?List=9cdf87d5-c7fe-4376-998f-c7b0e3ae1a52&ID=474&Web=2947a181-12bd-4c3f-b12a-19ac0ce9566b

Note the link is in Spanish, you may want to translate to the language you more comfortable with.

Once I configured my dial plan calls started ringing on the extensions (i.e. HP 4120).

However, outgoing calls are not working now. We in consultation with HP to try and sort the issue, this is because the HP MSR receives calls from the Lync Server but is not able to route them out.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks all for the replies and ideas that leads to the 'solution'

• Marked as answer by KimaniBob Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:16 AM
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:16 AM

All replies

• using the OCSLogger tool you can trace where the call is being dropped. you can get it as part of the Debigging Toolkit http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg399027.aspx 

Select all flags for SIP and S4 using verbose mode. Start logging and replicate issue. Stop logging then analyse logs. click on messages then you should see highlighted in red calls which are having problems. You should also see in the description field what is exactly happening.

I would say it is down to call routes on the HP gateway...

Martin

Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:56 AM
  • Agree with Martin assuming the call is making it to Lync.

Wireshark on the mediation role is your friend, and pull any logs out of the HP gateway to ensure that your invites are making it to Lync and they're the proper protocol (i.e. SIP over TCP not UDP, using the correct port 5068 or whatever you may have configured).

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

Thursday, November 21, 2013 1:31 PM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

Please make sure you have correct Dial Plan configured to handle the inbound call. Please enable logging tool and select S4 and SipStack and make an inbound call. Analyze the log and you will see what is being passed to Lync from your gateway.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, November 24, 2013 11:38 AM
  • I found the solution after extensive research. Below is what we did:

1. Upgraded the HP MSR 3040 comware to version 5.2., release 2317.

1. Ensured that the Lync 2013 SIP Trunk is configured to use TCP ports (in my case 5060 on the MSR Gateway and 5068 on the mediation Server)

The MSR Gateway uses port 5060 by default. When the port is changed to port 5068 calls reach/hit the Lync server. However, I was getting an error: 'SIP/2.0 404 No matching rule has been found in the dial plan for the called number.' To resolve the error use the following link: http://blog.asirsl.com/Lists/EntradasDeBlog/Post.aspx?List=9cdf87d5-c7fe-4376-998f-c7b0e3ae1a52&ID=474&Web=2947a181-12bd-4c3f-b12a-19ac0ce9566b

Note the link is in Spanish, you may want to translate to the language you more comfortable with.

Once I configured my dial plan calls started ringing on the extensions (i.e. HP 4120).

However, outgoing calls are not working now. We in consultation with HP to try and sort the issue, this is because the HP MSR receives calls from the Lync Server but is not able to route them out.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks all for the replies and ideas that leads to the 'solution'

• Marked as answer by KimaniBob Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:16 AM
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:16 AM
  • Hi guys,

I have a lync 2013 and msr 30-40 setup using msr as a sip gateway. Inbound and outbound calls are okay, but outbound calls are not going out with the DID. The lync is okay because if i use a cisco call manager calls go out with caller id, but when i introduce msr, calls dnt go out with DID?

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 10:49 AM
  • Hi,

Im also using MSR 30-40 with Lync 2013 using HP A_MSR30-CMW520-R2209P21-SI.BIN but i have issue with this " caller cannot hear ring tone but actually HP 4110/4120 phone is ringing, only caller is not getting ringtone".

Please share whether you have any idea on this.

Regards,

RAJ

Sagay

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 3:31 PM