Hosted Web App on XBox: TV Safe area RRS feed

• General discussion

• Guys, 

I've created a hosted web app for the XBox one and I'm trying to minimize (or completely remove) the TV Safe area (that gray margin that wraps around the app).  I know this is pretty straight forward when you're creating the app in Visual Studio using C++ by using the following code:

ApplicationView.GetForCurrentView().SetDesiredBoundsMode(ApplicationViewBoundsMode.UseCoreWindow)

The challenge is I've  created the app using Javascript>Windows Universal>Hosted Web App, which means that I've only got a package.appxmanifest file.  I'm new to this process and Windows development, so any suggestions or articles would be great (I've reviewed several, however, they all have examples of apps that aren't hosted : https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2016/09/09/tailoring-your-app-for-xbox-and-the-tv-app-dev-on-xbox-series/#6olJPH4Zd557OHsm.97)

Thanks again,

N

• Changed type Nadav.Givoni Monday, February 19, 2018 3:05 PM Needs XBox
    Monday, February 19, 2018 3:04 PM

All replies

• I've figued out hor to do it in Javascript.  It turns out that the naming convention is just a little different as it uses lower case values:

var currentAppView = Windows.UI.ViewManagement.ApplicationView.getForCurrentView();
    			currentAppView.setDesiredBoundsMode(Windows.UI.ViewManagement.ApplicationViewBoundsMode.useCoreWindow);

Monday, February 19, 2018 11:16 PM