Unable to connect to Citi Bank with Edge Browser 42.17134.1.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Running Win 10 Home 1803 build 17134.191.  With Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0.  When I try to log into my BestBuy Citi account at https://citiretailservices.citibankonline.com/RSnextgen/svc/launch/index.action?siteId=PLCN_BESTBUY#signon   it will not open.  Just spins.  However it does open using Google Chrome Version 68.0.3440.84 (Official Build) (64-bit).  
    Thursday, August 2, 2018 6:39 PM

Answers

• Issue with Citi Banks website, try IE11 or stick with Chrome.

Old Post similar issue Banks indicating browser needs update

• Marked as answer by Lzbear Sunday, September 9, 2018 4:16 PM
    Thursday, August 2, 2018 11:03 PM
  • Hi, 

I would apologize for my late reply. 

Please try to clear Microsoft Edge cache with the following steps. 

Open Edge > "More" option > Settings > Tick what you want to clear and click "Show more" > Tick all clear contents > clear > restart PC and re-open Edge

If the issue persists, try to reset Edge through Settings\Apps\Apps and Features\Microsoft Edge\Advanced options\Reset. 

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 6, 2018 6:39 AM

All replies

• Issue with Citi Banks website, try IE11 or stick with Chrome.

Old Post similar issue Banks indicating browser needs update

Thursday, August 2, 2018 11:03 PM
  • Hi, 

I tested on my side, the result shows it is available to open Citi back website with Microsoft Edge without any strange behavior. The system version and Microsoft Edge version is same with yours. Please try to check if it is available to open this website with Internet Explorer. Then try to disable firewall and antivirus software temporarily to check the issue again.  

Bests,

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 3, 2018 6:57 AM
  • Running Norton Security; version 22.142.13.  Disable Auto Protect and Smart Firewall.  Edge still wouldn't open the Citi (BestBuy) login site.  

Opens in IE 11; version 11.165.17134.0.

Friday, August 3, 2018 8:43 PM
  • Hi, 

I would apologize for my late reply. 

Please try to clear Microsoft Edge cache with the following steps. 

Open Edge > "More" option > Settings > Tick what you want to clear and click "Show more" > Tick all clear contents > clear > restart PC and re-open Edge

If the issue persists, try to reset Edge through Settings\Apps\Apps and Features\Microsoft Edge\Advanced options\Reset. 

Bests,

Thursday, September 6, 2018 6:39 AM