none
New PC's Added to Domain not getting GPO's

    Question

  • I have a bunch of GPO's that I apply to different OU's and I just got a bunch of new PC's I am configuring on the domain to deploy once I get them all configured. The first thing I do is add them to the Domain and then move to the their respective OU's, which have GPO's already apply and are working for for PC's already in those OU's.

    It's the new PC's that I added to the domain that look like they are NOT accepting those GPO's and I cannot find out why. I have searched the internet for reasons but so far nothing. I look at the Event log for the GPO's and I see no errors, but when I do a GPRESULT /R I see no computer GPO's applied. but if I look at the firewall it says it is managed by the system admin, as does Windows updates. It's almost like they are applied but GPRESULT is not telling me that.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Wednesday, August 19, 2015 4:29 PM

Answers

  • >>but if I look at the firewall it says it is managed by the system admin, as does Windows updates. It's almost like they are applied but GPRESULT is not telling me that.
     
    Try to browse more settings to verify/confirm whether they are applied or not. Also, as already suggested, please have a check and see if any security or WMI filters which might block these GPOs.
     
    You can try to run "gpresult /h result.html" instead, to get a more graphical view of what’s going on. This command will give you a detailed break down of each setting and the GPO from which it came.
     

    Regards,

    Ethan Hua


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

    Friday, August 21, 2015 2:50 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • Have you tried gpupdate /force? Is there filtering enabled on the GPOs that are targeted on the PCs?

    Thursday, August 20, 2015 3:50 AM
  • >>but if I look at the firewall it says it is managed by the system admin, as does Windows updates. It's almost like they are applied but GPRESULT is not telling me that.
     
    Try to browse more settings to verify/confirm whether they are applied or not. Also, as already suggested, please have a check and see if any security or WMI filters which might block these GPOs.
     
    You can try to run "gpresult /h result.html" instead, to get a more graphical view of what’s going on. This command will give you a detailed break down of each setting and the GPO from which it came.
     

    Regards,

    Ethan Hua


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

    Friday, August 21, 2015 2:50 AM
    Moderator
  • I had tried forcing it as well as confirming that the policies were being applied, gpresults would simply not display the computer OU's. So I waited a few days and now they appear. I am not sure what the delay was, but it's working now.

    Thanks all for the replies!

    Friday, August 21, 2015 2:34 PM