Shared Calendars do not sync RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a Mac that seems to lose sync with calendars, we use Exchange 2010, user connects to around 10 shared calendars and suddenly she reported that calendars are not up to date, OWA works fine. When we look at the calendar view in Outlook 2016 for Mac there is a lightening bolt next to each calendar. If you remove from the calendar view and re add it fixes it but after a few minutes it goes back to how it was. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this ? Outlook 2016 for Mac is up to date I have cleared caches and even recreated a new profile. I don't think there is much else I can do seeing as it works fine for OWA so I am not sure its an Exchange issue.
    Tuesday, October 24, 2017 1:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Bob,

Could you please elaborate what you mean by "calendars are not up to date"?
    Do you mean the events that are added to the shared Calendar won’t be synced to the Exchange server?

>> When we look at the calendar view in Outlook 2016 for Mac there is a lightening bolt next to each calendar.

If possible, could you please share a screenshot about this then we can do further research on this?

Please try to view calendars by Day, Week and see if there is any difference.

Besides, please check if other users in the same environment are also encountering this problem. You may also try testing with another account and check if the issue persists.

Any findings, please post back at ease.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 6:30 AM
  • Hi, image as requested, and yes I mean they do not sync unless I remove from the view in Outlook 2016 for Mac and re add the shared calendar, then after around 15 minutes they stop syncing. Changing view, day to week makes no difference. We have one other user with the same problem, both macOS and Outlook 2016 for Mac. Latests office updates on both systems. It is kind of urgent I solve this as one of the users is getting really upset and distressed with me, I offered OWA as a workaround, which works perfectly.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 8:07 AM
  • Hi Bob,

I tested in my Outlook 2016 for Mac (15.39, 171010) with an Exchange shared calendar but cannot reproduce the issue. 

Could you please have a check via Tool > Sync Status / Sync Errors and see if anything useful would be recorded out there?

By the way, please also have a look at the bottom of the Outlook Window to check the connection status are correct.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 9:20 AM
  • Hi Thanks for replying to me, there is nothing in Sync Status or Sync Errors, the issue only seems to effect connecting to another users calendar. When I go to the Calendar view it just shows "Connecting to: <user>"
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 10:54 AM
  • Hi,

Did you manage to find a solution to this problem - we have the exact same issue across all users accessing shared calendars.  The symptoms are exactly as you describe above.

Many thanks

Wednesday, July 18, 2018 9:13 AM