Hide category colour in Outlook not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Office 2016 and when I want to save an email as important I right click->Categorize->and I chose a colour.

When I want to search for all marked emails I go to Search Mailbox->Categorize-> and I chose the colour red for example and Outlook it show only the emails that I marked with red colour.

But for some days ago, when I search for the important emails  marked in red, the Outlook it keep going to show me the emails that I already unmarked time ago.

How can I solve it?

Monday, March 18, 2019 5:13 PM

All replies

• But for some days ago, when I search for the important emails  marked in red, the Outlook it keep going to show me the emails that I already unmarked time ago.

Hi vosauca,

Are these unmarked items marked as red in the search results? Or do you mean these items have no categories, but still show up in the search results?
    Since this is a recently occurred issue, could you please collect the detailed number of your Outlook via File > Office Account so that we can do further research on this?

Besides, to help narrow down the issue, it is suggested to try creating a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail and see if the issue persists.

Any update, feel free to post back.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 7:28 AM
  • Hello vosauca,

How's everything going with the issue? Any update will be appreciated.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 10:09 AM