RMS template deny export (save as) but when user opens he document it actually allows to save as. RRS feed

• General discussion

• The purpose of the template is to allow user to edit and make changes but not to save the document in a different location. This way the author can upload the document at Sharepoint and the user can collaborate with the document but no to save it on his document. This is the scenario: 3 Windows server 2008 R2 (Spanish language) - AD DS - AD CS - AD RMS 2 clients with Windows 7 pro (spanish language) -Office 2010 Pro+ (spanish language) -Right management Service template import task: activated. Note: First I installed Office 2010 SP1 Pro+ (spanish) but the option to protect the document wasn't available only without the SP1 or English version. Any ideas of why even the rights says the user doesn't have the right to export office allows it? Hope I've been clear! Thanks in advance!
    Iam a Program-mer
    • Changed type 1Seer Wednesday, March 7, 2012 4:59 PM
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 9:47 PM

All replies

• I don't think that is what the export permission means. Export means you can extract content from the document and save it unprotected somewhere else.  Saving a file at a different location is as good as just saving it in place and the edit permission will allow it. What would be the point of preventing Save As anyway ? You could just copy the file externally to a different location.
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 3:46 AM