none
Referencing attribute that's in another connector space RRS feed

• Question

• The scenario:

Two HR inputs, both contain the EmployeeID and EmployeeType. EmployeeID is the same for both, the EmployeeType is different.

What I want to do is, that the HR1 would use Manager attribute as an reference from HR2, is this even possible?

The ultimate goal is to provision two different accounts (one std user, one admin) that have the same manager (std user).

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 3:54 PM

Answers

• I solved the problem by adding both 'identities' to one single SQL view and import that, this way the references play just nicely.
    • Marked as answer by Narcoticoo Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:01 PM
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:01 PM

All replies

• If they are not in the same connector space, they cannot be simply referenced.

Two workarounds:

1. Export them to one (new) database and during import you would have references
    2. If you use FIMService, create a workflow that is setting a reference (it requires own code as there is no out of the box activity that would allow you to assign reference to attribute).

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:50 AM
  • I solved the problem by adding both 'identities' to one single SQL view and import that, this way the references play just nicely.
    • Marked as answer by Narcoticoo Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:01 PM
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:01 PM
  • Ok, I didn't know that you have both in one database as you have said about two connector spaces :)

As you have such view be aware that export would not work here.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:58 PM
  • Only used for imports...
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:54 PM