none
Computer not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller

Question

• Hello,

I have 3 RWDC at different site. Site A has DC1 & DC2. Site B has DC3. In my environment, I have one GPO through which few records as below is not registered on DC3.

Mnemonic

Type

DNS record

Dc

SRV

_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.<DnsDomainName>

DcByGuid

SRV

_ldap._tcp.<DomainGuid>.domains._msdcs.<DnsForestName>

Gc

SRV

_ldap._tcp.gc._msdcs.<DnsForestName>

GenericGc

SRV

_gc._tcp.<DnsForestName>

GcIpAddress

A

_gc._msdcs.<DnsForestName>

Kdc

SRV

_kerberos._tcp.dc._msdcs.<DnsDomainName>

Ldap

SRV

_ldap._tcp.<DnsDomainName>

LdapIpAddress

A

<DnsDomainName>

Rfc1510Kdc

SRV

_kerberos._tcp.<DnsDomainName>

Rfc1510UdpKdc

SRV

_kerberos._udp.<DnsDomainName>

Rfc1510Kpwd

SRV

_kpasswd._tcp.<DnsDomainName>

Rfc1510UdpKpwd

SRV

_kpasswd._udp.<DnsDomainName>

When connectivity between both sites get down, no user is able to authenticate. Even I am getting below error during outage time.

C:\Users\ABC>nltest /dsgetsite

Getting DC name failed: Status = 1919 0x77f ERROR_NO_SITENAME
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 7:13 AM

All replies

• Hi

Getting DC name failed: Status = 1919 0x77f ERROR_NO_SITENAME >>>>

Did you already assign the correct subnets to related site DC's..Check from AD Site and services,if didn't configure,you should assign the site subnets to site DC's.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:52 AM
  • Bhavesh, did you check what is the issue with GPO and why the settings are not applied on the DC? 

It is not clear from which site users are not able to authenticate?

All the LDAP records in the GPO are critical for authentication and they advertise DC's in the site. If you are controlling site specific DC records investigate the root cause for GPO and the settings that are not applied.

I take you have hub-and-spoke topology and so consider your Site B to communicate with Site A in case of local DC failure. FYI - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/306602/how-to-optimize-the-location-of-a-domain-controller-or-global-catalog-that-resides-outside-of-a-client-s-site

Regards, Jim MSCS - MCP Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Thursday, April 27, 2017 9:22 AM
  • Hi Burak,

Subnets are Ok with AD Site and Services. Even I am getting correct result as below during no outage.

C:\Users\ABC>nltest /dsgetsite
    IMPNOI
    The command completed successfully

Thursday, April 27, 2017 11:29 AM
  • Sorry Jimmy for not providing required information.

No users from Site B (DC3) can authenticate when connectivity between Site A & Site B break. Even I can ping to DC3 by their IP & name during outage.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 11:35 AM
  • Even I am getting correct result as below during no outage.

So you should check this DC health,replication health and check locator process on the DC.(also check the client side dns configuration.)

Run "Dcdiag","repadmin /replsum"...Also check this article for compare your site topology;

http://blogs.msmvps.com/acefekay/2010/01/03/the-dc-locator-process-the-logon-process-controlling-which-dc-responds-in-an-ad-site-and-srv-records/

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Thursday, April 27, 2017 5:36 PM