none
DNS Configuration Flags RRS feed

• Question

• When running Get-DnsServer I came across a property called 'AdminConfigured'  Does anyone know what this is for?
    $settings=GetDnsServer -computername DNS1
    $settings.ServerSetting.AdminConfigured

It's a boolean value (TRUE/FALSE) that can be set.

I've also seen it using dnscmd: dnscmd DNS1 /info

It shows up under 'Configuration Flags' as fAdminConfigured (0/1)

I just haven't been able to find out any information on the property and I'm curious what it's used for in relation to the DNS service.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 9:42 PM

Answers

• Hi EJ,

>>When running Get-DnsServer I came across a property called 'AdminConfigured'  Does anyone know what this is for?

AdminConfigured: A Boolean value indicating whether the server has been configured by an administrator. The value SHOULD be limited to 0x00000000 and 0x00000001, but it MAY be any value. The default value MUST be 0x00000000, and the value of zero MUST be allowed and treated literally.

Read this for more DNS server properties information:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc422472.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,

Cartman

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by EJsquared Friday, March 18, 2016 6:57 PM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 2:30 AM

All replies

• Hi EJ,

>>When running Get-DnsServer I came across a property called 'AdminConfigured'  Does anyone know what this is for?

AdminConfigured: A Boolean value indicating whether the server has been configured by an administrator. The value SHOULD be limited to 0x00000000 and 0x00000001, but it MAY be any value. The default value MUST be 0x00000000, and the value of zero MUST be allowed and treated literally.

Read this for more DNS server properties information:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc422472.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,

Cartman

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by EJsquared Friday, March 18, 2016 6:57 PM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 2:30 AM
  • I guess that's the flag indicating whether initial configuration of DNS service has been completed or not, so that GUI can display initial configuration prompt  

Gleb.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 8:34 AM
  • That's exactly the page I was looking for, my 'insert giant search provider name that start's with G'-fu skills failed me on this one.

Thanks!

Friday, March 18, 2016 6:57 PM