App-V for Java that only allows access to a specific website RRS feed

• Question

• I've posted previously about issues we have with a Java App-V package that's also configured to point to a proxy server that prevents users from accessing other websites while using that IE instance that has Java loaded but it doesn't work properly and causes issues with browsers outside of the app-v instance.

I've also checked to see if there is a 'best practice' guide or something similar for the correct way to achieve our goal of keeping users from browsing to other sites when using that app-v instance but have come up empty.

Does anybody here have any suggestions?

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 7:17 PM

All replies

• I'm using Firefox with Flash Player (plugin) sequenced in the AppV package for this. With a proxy file in the FF package you can allow or deny websites, IP ranges ..

I can share my recipe if you like? However all information is Aaron's blog.

I got the mustard from Aaron Parker's blog: https://stealthpuppy.com/?s=firefox

Rory has covered a lot in a more recent blog post: Firefox Kiosk Mode in App-V.

Thursday, May 3, 2018 6:50 AM
  • Ow sorry, you're having an issue with the virtualized Java that is visible in de native OS (IE)?

I got a similar issue, disabling FTA's in the package where Java was part of it solves that issue. Not sure if this will help your problem, but it's worth trying out. For example, opening a .JNPL file in the native OS will start the Java AppV VE if that VE has the .JNPL file type associated.

Also try to disable BrowserHelperObjects in the Java package?

Thursday, May 3, 2018 7:00 AM