none
Deploy Office 2013 ProPlus with MDT 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having issues trying to install the Office 2012 Pro-plus edition via MDT 2012. We are using office 365 and I need to individually licence the office editions to users but have the ability to complete the installation with the MDT.

At present, I receiving an error 2 - so it must be the wrong installations switches. I need to complete the install via a silent installation.

Is there any additional requirements to complete the deployment of this package.

Thanks

Monday, August 19, 2013 12:47 AM

All replies

• How are you currently installing it?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, August 19, 2013 3:01 AM
  • Hi,

are you using the guidance and examples for "/configure" ?
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219422.aspx

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Monday, August 19, 2013 12:12 PM
  • At present, I am unable to install via the mdt 2012. If I complete a local installation the installer will load.
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:55 AM
  • Im using the installer information from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219422.aspx , Just need to know how I can get MDT to push out the package

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:56 AM
  • I have got the deployment code working now, displays the command box and starts the installer but crashes. Its coming up with the following error

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\clientX64\integratedOffice.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

How can this be fixed, this is a new build as part of the system image deployment

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:03 AM
  • the most frequent search match for this error, suggests to uninstall / clean away the installation, which isn't terribly helpful in your scenario, but it suggests to me that something is going wrong in your installation.

To check the details of the installation (maybe install errors are occurring), this article suggests that the setup logfile may be useful, if an error was recorded during the installation.

http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/156/t/159359.aspx

I'm assuming that your OS image (whatever the OS version/edition might be) is meeting the pre-requisites for O365 ?

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Proposed as answer by Frank TroutMVP Monday, September 30, 2013 11:49 AM
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:02 AM
  • If you are receiving this error with a fresh image, there could be something wrong with the image itself. Like Don said, that error usually indicates that there is some Office registry keys and/or files leftover from a previous version of Office. Are you attempting to upgrade an already present instance of Office that's a part of the image or did you uninstall a version of Office before you captured the image?

Also, if you were testing different methods of the silent installation on the same machine, that could be the cause of it too.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:29 AM
  • Make sure you are using the latest Office Deployment Tool (ODT).  The "Preview" version had a few unsavory bugs and required the Add entry use a SourcePath parameter.  As the link Don provided says, you run it with a /download, then include that entire folder as the source for an Application, and then set the install command to use /configure.  If you are having issues still, can you enable logging in the ODT XML file, try it manually, and then post the results?

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:40 PM
    Answerer