Sharepoint 2007 sp1 unable to be protected by DPM 2007 RRS feed

• Question

•  

When creating a new protection group in DPM, I can expand the Sharepoint branch which then only displays one sharepoint farm with *blank* as the server farm name.

I should be expecting [icon] SERVERNAME\OfficeServers\.....

but instead get [icon] *blank*

I go and tick the box and get a dialog box pop up with this error message

This Windows SharePoint Services farm cannot be protected because DPM did not find any dependent databases and search indices to be protected. (ID: 32008)

1) Verify that the appropriate SQL Server VSS Writers on the computers hosting the Windows SharePoint Services databases are enabled.

2) Verify that the Windows SharePoint Services Search VSS Writers are enabled on the computers where the search indices are.

I have already checked and both VSS Writers are running.

This Sharepoint Server was installed as a standalone server so all the services are on the one server.

I think maybe if i can get the Sharepoint Server to return the proper farm NAME instead of *blank* that will fix my problem.

Can anyone help with this?

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 6:31 AM

Answers

• RESOLVED!

read this:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/library/bb808908.aspx

I needed to Configure the WSS Writer Service using 'ConfigureSharepoint.exe'

Once provide the protection agent with the credentials for the Windows SharePoint Services farm, the proper farm NAME appeared in DPM 2007 instead of *blank*

Friday, April 4, 2008 1:34 AM

All replies

• RESOLVED!

read this:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/library/bb808908.aspx

I needed to Configure the WSS Writer Service using 'ConfigureSharepoint.exe'

Once provide the protection agent with the credentials for the Windows SharePoint Services farm, the proper farm NAME appeared in DPM 2007 instead of *blank*

Friday, April 4, 2008 1:34 AM
  •  

That definitely did the trick third time around.

One thing I would mention is that you need DPM agent on both the SQL server you are hosting Sharepoint for and the front ends. Make sure that you install the WSS updated required for DPM on ALL the servers otherwise you will have issues during backups and restores.

Thanks qtvinsta for your answer...

Jawad

Friday, April 25, 2008 9:23 PM