none
Reinstalled DPM 2010 with retain data, now cleanup retained data RRS feed

• Question

• I reinstalled DPM 2010 on a server, during uninstall I chose retain data.

I didn't reinstall the database.

I setup the DPM with new Protection groups. But the retained data still seems to be assigned.

How can I cleanup the old retained data from the storage pool?

Monday, September 26, 2011 12:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

1) Copy the following into notepad and save as getDPMGuids.cmd - make sure word wrap is  turned off and all of this is on one line.

osql -E -S localhost\MSDPM2010 -d DPMDB -Q "select vol.GuidName from tbl_IM_DataSource as ds join tbl_PRM_LogicalReplica as lr on ds.DataSourceId=lr.DataSourceId join tbl_AM_Server as ag on ds.ServerId=ag.ServerId join tbl_SPM_Volume as vol on lr.PhysicalReplicaId=vol.VolumeSetID and vol.Usage in (1,2) order by vol.guidname"

2) From an administrative command prompt - run the getDPMguids.cmd and it will list every volume that DPM is currently using in the storage pool for the new PG's you created.

3) Run mountvol.exe and compare the GUIDS in the output to that of the getDPMGuids.cmd.    Volumes not in use by DPM can be deleted. 

4) Assign a drive letter like X: to an OLD volume using mountvol, then delete the volume in disk management, repeat until all OLD volumes are deleted.

mountvol  x:  \\?\Volume{e07bd417-67b3-11e0-9913-0019b9f81999}

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, September 26, 2011 11:22 PM