none
Microsoft Health not updating HealthVault RRS feed

• Question

• My Microsoft Health app is not updating my connected HealthVault account. I just bought a Microsoft Band and it's working and updating Microsoft Health. I can see the data from my band online on the Microsoft Health dashboard. I have successfully connected HealthVault but I'm not seeing any data from my band on HealthVault.

I have tried the following without success:

1. Logged out of my Microsoft account and logged back in.
    2. Disconnected my HealthVault from MS Health and reconnected

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks

John

Sunday, May 17, 2015 3:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi John,

Have you contacted the MS Band Support team?  http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-band/en-us/support  I think they would be the best resource to help you with this issue.

thanks

Tomas

MS HealthVault Support.

• Marked as answer by Tomas El Friday, May 22, 2015 8:56 PM
    Friday, May 22, 2015 8:55 PM
  • I think the support would be needed from Health Vault instead... As I just got off the chat with the Band people and the guy said he did not know much about Microsoft Health Vault.  There is absolutely nothing available on how to get the MS Health to sync with the MS Health Vault in a help document.  Are we supposed to assume it will magically happen when it is ready?  I Can find nothing but a continuous loop to the site to connect then to help and on an on.  Where is documentation on this?  
    • Edited by Wraiththe Monday, May 25, 2015 6:04 PM
    Monday, May 25, 2015 5:55 PM
  • I am also noticing this. I have a Fitbit Surge which I have set to sync to HealthVault, I am trying to get all of my data into HealthVault so I can prepare to migrating to the MS Band2. I have several years of data that I would like to get into HealthVault/ Health Dashboard from Fitbit....

Any help?

@ljrain

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 11:36 AM
  • I am also having the same issue as the original poster.  I attempted to chat with Microsoft Band Support, but they said I would need to talk to the team at HealthVault.  I submitted a ticket, but have not heard anything back yet.  JohnZito, did you ever get your problem resolved?  And if so, how?
    Friday, November 20, 2015 4:28 PM
  • Hi I bought the new band 2 and for a week it reported my exercise and daily summary to healthvault now the ONLY info shared is my sleep sessions. I've contacted support for Band and they are not able to help one bit. there is a communication issue between the two services
    Tuesday, December 1, 2015 10:37 PM
  • I have exactly the same issue. I'm a band 2 user. I'll try using a "connector" like "FitnessSyncer" :-S
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 11:38 AM
  • I have the same issue. I have verified that Microsoft Health is a connected application within HealthVault and HealthVault is shown as a connected application in Health. Absolutely no data has been shared. The Band 2 syncs perfectly with Health. It's the Health to HealthVault connection that fails. These are two Microsoft apps that can't talk to one another.
    Tuesday, May 24, 2016 2:02 AM
  • Come on Microsoft!

It did work, now it doesn't!! Please fix. Oh and if you got to HealthVault support they refer you to Band support!! Unacceptable. :(

Jim

Saturday, March 11, 2017 9:12 AM
  • Because of recent change, you need to use 2 apps to sync Microsoft Band data to HealthVault.

Please look for apps in store - one is "Microsoft Band" (which I think you already have), other is "HealthVault Insights". They are available in store for iPhone, Android and Windows Phone.

Once you sign in to HealthVault Insights app, check Menu -> Manage devices .

Takashi Moriyama | Senior Program Manager | Microsoft Health

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 11:12 PM
  • Thanks Takashi,

Thought you had solved the problem, but that app does not appear to be available in the UK Store apps. I have the Health Vault Connection Center installed but this does not appear to include the MSFT Band. :(

Jim

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 11:43 AM
  • Regarding with UK Store, which phone platform are you using?  It is supported for iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone.

Takashi Moriyama | Senior Program Manager | Microsoft Health

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 4:12 PM
  • Thanks again Takashi.

Ah! This 'phone centric world! I was working from my PC! OK. I've put the Insight App on my Win10 Phone but it seems to raise as many questions as answers.

Yes, it captures step data from the band app but it seems to be 'stand alone' as far as the PC Health Vault app is concerned. Also, no historic data is captured into Insight and the PC Health Vault STILL doesn't 'see' step and exercise data which it previously did up to December 2016.

I'm now retired but worked in IT since it was 'invented'. I can't help but feel that MSFT are making this overly complicated with 3 Apps not talking properly to each other. MY PC Health Vault app is central to all my record keeping and I am really miffed at the thought that I am going to have to manually re-enter all sorts of data into it which has already been captured in the band app and partially to Insight. Any further tips to improve this integration would be greatly appreciated. For the avoidance of doubt ALL my gear is ALL MSFT, Band1, Win10 Phone, Windows 10 PC.

Thanks.

Jim

Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:48 AM