BSOD and network driver RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Today bad news for me i became BSOD.

Again BSOD with driver b57nd60x.sys (Broadcom ethernet driver)

What caused my problem (BSOD)?

Screenshot and minidump, memorydump uploaded for analyze.

Thanks

DUMPS : https://openload.co/f/ht44g1uouaE/Dumps.zip

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 8:04 AM

All replies

• Hi nexon101.

The Stop 0x0000000A (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at a high privilege level. This error is usually caused by a faulting driver: the first troubleshooting step could be upgrading the driver or reverting it back to a previously working version (if you've recently updated it).
    Upload the DMP file to your OneDrive (the site you've uploaded the file to is not working fine), share it and post the URL here, so we can analyze it.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 9:11 PM
  • Hi,

Yes i know... but who or which cause this problem?? I remember i installed windows updates and kaspersky also updating in same time then BSOD.

Sorry can not upload on onedrive (full storage, and many problems with onedrive), i uploaded it on fast and free server which working fine.
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 7:34 AM
  • Hi,

Yes i know... but who or which cause this problem?? I remember i installed windows updates and kaspersky also updating in same time then BSOD.

Sorry can not upload on onedrive (full storage, and many problems with onedrive), i uploaded it on fast and free server which working fine.

I've tried to download the ZIP file from the link that you've post, but it opens many popups and the file is not downloaded: that's why I've asked you to upload it into OneDrive.
    The only involved module listed in the bugcheck screen is the one related to the network card, but Kaspersky could be involved too: try uploading the network card driver using the one provided by the network card's manufacturer (or the computer's manufacturer) and temporarily disable Kaspersky real-time protection.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Thursday, October 13, 2016 8:44 AM
  • As i wrote i had problems with onedrive...then i uploaded it on fast and free server like this or can i upload on zippyshare...

I don´t understand  try uploading the network card driver using the one provided by the network card's manufacturer (or the computer's manufacturer)...
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 10:27 AM
  • As i wrote i had problems with onedrive...then i uploaded it on fast and free server like this or can i upload on zippyshare...

I don´t understand  try uploading the network card driver using the one provided by the network card's manufacturer (or the computer's manufacturer)...

OK, try uploading it on zippyshare or another service (you could even use DropBox if you have it).
    Talking about the driver's update, if you have a branded computer the driver must be downloaded from the computer's manufacturer web site; otherwise, you have to download it from the network card's manufacturer web site. You have to use Windows Update to update device drivers only if there is not other way to do that.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Thursday, October 13, 2016 10:56 AM
  • Ok here is it http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/IV0u55Ye/file.html

Yes but latest driver from (acer) website is from 2008 or 2009 year i have originally from broadcom (network card manufacturer) which is from july 3rd 2015 it is newest version 17.2.0.2
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 11:17 AM
  • Ok here is it http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/IV0u55Ye/file.html

Yes but latest driver from (acer) website is from 2008 or 2009 year i have originally from broadcom (network card manufacturer) which is from july 3rd 2015 it is newest version 17.2.0.2

According to what you wrote, you have an Acer notebook, so you always have to download the drivers from the Acer website, even if Windows Updates (or one manufacturer, like Broadcom) makes a newer version available: this because a branded PC or a notebook PC has a specific architecture and the drivers are often optimized and tailored for that.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Thursday, October 13, 2016 3:10 PM
  • I have old notebook from 2008. Some components are not supported like my wifi Intel 4965 AGN and ATI mobility radeon hd 2400XT (last driver from 2013), and chipset also.
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 3:31 PM
  • I have old notebook from 2008. Some components are not supported like my wifi Intel 4965 AGN and ATI mobility radeon hd 2400XT (last driver from 2013), and chipset also.

You always have to use the drivers developed by the computer's manufacturer, except for the drivers related to any other, external device (e.g.: a Wi-Fi USB network card) that must be downloaded from the device's manufacturer web site.
    Could you please tell us exactly the model of your notebook?

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Friday, October 14, 2016 6:57 AM
  • Yes but as far i know always is needed to install newest updates for best performance and some bug fixes.

It is an old notebook Acer Extensa 5620.
    Friday, October 14, 2016 8:00 AM
  • Yes but as far i know always is needed to install newest updates for best performance and some bug fixes.

It is an old notebook Acer Extensa 5620.

You're right: keeping the system up to date would make it able to get the maximum performance level, as well as reducing the number of bugs. On the other side, always keep in mind that drivers must be updated only when the newer releases fix bugs and/or improve performance and they're marked as recommended or necessary.
    According to the Acer Support site, there are not many Windows 7 drivers for your PC

It looks like your system does not fully support Windows 7, since not all the required drivers are compliant with that Windows version: you'd either rely on the Windows Vista driver (that could work fine in Windows 7 too) or ask Acer Support for more information about that.
    You could also browse to http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support and click AUTO DETECT DEVICE to see if the Acer Support site can suggest you more recent drivers for your notebook.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Friday, October 14, 2016 8:59 AM
  • Yeah this is what i wrote...

If i update my drivers from acer website it will be from 2008 or 2009 year.

If i wanna update chipset for example i will see that on acer website it is from 2008 year but when i go to intel website then i will see driver from 2013 which is newer than acer website etc. with my network card, Ati graphics...
    Friday, October 14, 2016 11:29 AM
  • Yeah this is what i wrote...

If i update my drivers from acer website it will be from 2008 or 2009 year.

If i wanna update chipset for example i will see that on acer website it is from 2008 year but when i go to intel website then i will see driver from 2013 which is newer than acer website etc. with my network card, Ati graphics...

OK, but you're updating the driver for a device that is installed within a branded notebook: notebooks' or branded PCs' driver are optimized for those specific computers and that's the reason for which you have to rely on the drivers provided by the computer's manufacturer. The driver provided by the devices' manufacturers are not optimized for the specific configurations the device are bundled with and this could lead to problems like the one you're currently experiencing.
    In any case, you should use the drivers provided by Windows Update only if do not have any driver (important: any, not an updated version) for a specific device.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Friday, October 14, 2016 12:40 PM
  • Ok then why are available newest updates in website? for example broadcom or amd graphics?

I must download and install latest drivers etcc...

So whats about memory dump?
    Friday, October 14, 2016 5:59 PM
  • Ok then why are available newest updates in website? for example broadcom or amd graphics?

I must download and install latest drivers etcc...

So whats about memory dump?

Sorry, but I wasn't able to download them: IE blocked the downloads from the site since it is reported as unsafe.
    If you can find a way to upload them to a more trustable site (like OneDrive, DropBox or Google Drive), I'll be glad to help you.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Friday, October 14, 2016 6:38 PM
  • I use zippy for many years and no problems... it is free fast server. And it is not unsafe.

Sorry but dropbox and google are unsafe...

Here is it http://leteckaposta.cz/331732357 
    Sunday, October 16, 2016 12:40 PM
  • I use zippy for many years and no problems... it is free fast server. And it is not unsafe.

Sorry but dropbox and google are unsafe...

Here is it http://leteckaposta.cz/331732357 

WinDbg reported a lot of errors in the MEMORY.DMP file, it looks like it is quite unusable for being analyzed.
    The other DMP file reports a 0x0000000A (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) bug check, which indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at a higher level than the one actually allowed; the faulting module was klwtp.sys, the network filtering component of the Kaspersky antivirus.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Sunday, October 16, 2016 4:15 PM
  • Upload the files the dump files to a site that does not try to install unsolicited software on to my system and I will take a look at them.
    Sunday, October 16, 2016 8:24 PM
  • WinDbg reported a lot of errors in the MEMORY.DMP file, it looks like it is quite unusable for being analyzed.

The other DMP file reports a 0x0000000A (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) bug check, which indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at a higher level than the one actually allowed; the faulting module was klwtp.sys, the network filtering component of the Kaspersky antivirus.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Why there are errors? And how to analyze?
    Second DMP - IRQL caused by network driver not kaspersky klwtp.sys or?
    Monday, October 17, 2016 5:20 PM
  • Upload the files the dump files to a site that does not try to install unsolicited software on to my system and I will take a look at them.
    Please see my previous posts or click here http://leteckaposta.cz/331732357 

Thanks.

Monday, October 17, 2016 5:22 PM
  • WinDbg reported a lot of errors in the MEMORY.DMP file, it looks like it is quite unusable for being analyzed.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Why there are errors? And how to analyze?
    Second DMP - IRQL caused by network driver not kaspersky klwtp.sys or?

Maybe the DMP file was not correctly generated: WinDbg reported a long list of errors when opening it; the second DMP file (the smaller) reported the error related to the Kaspersky's module.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

• Edited by Luigi BrunoMVP Monday, October 17, 2016 7:21 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Tuesday, October 18, 2016 7:42 AM
    Monday, October 17, 2016 7:21 PM
  • Yes, it seems that there is something wrong with the DMP file.

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 7:42 AM
  • So what can i do? How to fix or how to open correctly?
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 5:19 PM