Deleted all my Outlook PST files, I can’t recover them? RRS feed

• Question

• After making a full scan today, I choosed "disinfect" for my .pst file, because I don't wanted to "delete" them. That was a huge misunderstanding, since it seems to me, that ad-aware deleted and shredded those files, instead of "disinfecting" them.I want to recover my .pst outlook files, but I can't, even with Piriform Recuva. I miss all my business emails, contacts, 
    calendars, acount settings etc. from those files that were at those locations:
     C:Users user DocumentsOutlook Filesmyfirstemail.pst
     C:Users user Documents Outlook Files Second Email.pst
     E:Users userDocuments Outlook Filesmythirdemail.pst
     E:1Eta_archiv.pst
     Those huge files are not in the quarantine nor in the wastebin, 
    I checked many times, they are realy deleted and shredded. Please help me on the recovery of those files or give me at least some advice.
    • Moved by Michael_LS Wednesday, September 17, 2014 7:16 AM outlook issue
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 9:26 AM

All replies

• That was a huge misunderstanding, since it seems to me, that ad-aware deleted and shredded those files, instead of "disinfecting" them.I want to recover my .pst outlook files, but I can't, even with Piriform Recuva. I miss all my business emails, contacts, 
    calendars, acount settings etc. from those files that were at those locations:
     C:Users user DocumentsOutlook Filesmyfirstemail.pst
     C:Users user Documents Outlook Files Second Email.pst
     E:Users userDocuments Outlook Filesmythirdemail.pst
     E:1Eta_archiv.pst
     Those huge files are not in the quarantine nor in the wastebin, 
    I checked many times, they are realy deleted and shredded. Please help me on the recovery of those files or give me at least some advice.
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 9:35 AM
  • Hello Kristian,

See How to repair your Outlook personal folder file (.pst)  .

The current forum is for developers. I'd suggest asking non-programming questions on the Outlook IT Pro Discussions forum instead.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 10:02 AM
  • You've not been doing backups?

If you don't have a backup copy, you're likely out of luck.

Set up a backup strategy!  Do it today.

-Noel

Detailed how-to in my eBooks:  

Configure The Windows 7 "To Work" Options
    Configure The Windows 8 "To Work" Options

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 1:10 PM
  • Hi,

Do you have backup of these .pst files?

Recover lost or deleted files

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/recover-lost-or-deleted-files

If you don't have any backup, I suggest you try some 3rd-party tools to recover the .pst files. There is a risk that you can't recover these files.

If these files were deleted by any 3rd-party software, you can also contact their support for assistance.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 8:26 AM
  • You may be able to recover the deleted file using the Previous Versions component, if you have System Restore enabled.

1. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the C:\Users\SARA folder.

2. Right click the Documents folder and select the Restore Previous Version from the menu.

3. In the Previous Version dialog, select a version of the folder with a date and time prior to when you deleted the file.

4. Select the Copy Button. Select the Desktop as the location for the copy and click the Copy Button again.

5. Go to the Desktop, open the copied folder and look for the deleted file in the Outlook Files folder.

6. If the files are there, move them out of the copied folder to the Desktop. You can then delete the copied, previous version of that folder.

7. Move the saved files on the Desktop to the original folder.

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 10:57 AM