none
how to make outlook less than the whole screen

Question

• Outlook used to work - you used to be able to have it either full screen (maximised), normal (so you can resize it any way you want) or minimised as an icon on the task bar. Something happened a few months back, and since I can only have it either full screen, or a usless bar floating in the window saying "all mail items" and the minimisze, full screen or close icon.

So I am stuck unable to make outlook smaller than full screen.  Is this a bug?

I have tried googling it, but really don't know what to search for and could not find anything related.

I have spent many hours looking for some visual clue how to get out of this, but found nothing.

Windows 10, latest outlook from office 365 (there is no help about or similar with the version any more)

Monday, April 03, 2017 9:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean you can only see the Minimize, Maximize and close icon in the upper right corner of your Outlook window? Does it look like the left screenshot or the right one? If it looks like the second one, it could be that the windows was manually resized to match the whole screen.

If this is the case, we may try to hover the mouse over the corner and then drag it to see if you can resize it.

In addition, we may also try to right click your Windows Taskbar and select Cascade Window and then see if you can resize your Outlook window now.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017 6:16 AM