display driver interferring with startup? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running Vista but I'm not sure which forum I should have chosen - sorry if I've put in the wrong one!
    A couple of weeks ago, windows ran an automatic update overnight and restarted to install components. It didn't complete that process though with the computer itself restarting but no display. Unable to do anything with it, I unplugged it and removed the battery and it started when all put back. Since then, I've had one message to say there was a problem with the display driver that seems to have fixed itself as it disappeared before I could write down the specifics. It's worked most times until the last windows update last Thursday night when I couldn't get the display to work for a few days. I don't know why it's working again tonight!
    I looked at updating the driver but was told that it's running the most up-to-date one and that all is okay with it, no conflicts. It's NVIDIA GeoForce Go 7300 if that helps.

Any ideas what I need to do to fix the problem? I'm not very tech savvy so plain English would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Sunday, March 14, 2010 2:14 PM

All replies

• BTW my computer is a Toshiba laptop. I've been using it without problems for a couple of years until the above problem following windows Vista update.
    Sunday, March 14, 2010 2:29 PM