none
"merge" DPM database DPM 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

i know that an instance of DPM can be shared with different DPM server.

Actually i have 2 DPM server that use their own instance. Is there a way to "merge" this 2 instance in another third instance on a new server with the minor impact on data ?

Besst Regards

Massimo Riboli

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 4:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please explain in more detail, what do you mean with shared DPM instance? Are you talking about SQL instance or just multiple DPM Servers? 

Microsoft Certified Professional

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 6:59 AM
  • I mean both.

I have two DPM server and one Sql Server 2012 with 2 DPM instances installed.

in brief:

server DPM1------->instanceDPM1

server DPM2------->instanceDPM2

I'm asking if it's possible to achieve this configuration:

server DPM1------> instanceDPMNEW

server DPM2------> instanceDPMNEW

It's possible ?

Best Regards

Massimo Riboli

Friday, July 27, 2018 12:18 PM
  • Yes it is. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/system-center/system-center-2012-R2/hh848299(v=sc.12)

Support for multiple DPM servers to share one instance of SQL Server for DPMDB.

Microsoft Certified Professional

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Saturday, July 28, 2018 1:54 PM