Bitlocker Issue in windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Getting Error: "This device can't use Trusted Module. Your administrator must set the "allow Bitlocker without a compatible TPM"

Even when I did the required setup in GPEDIT. MSC  enabling the Required additional authentication at startup and

cheeking up the "Allow Bitlocker  without compatible TPM" option.

I'm on a HP Pavillion G6 running Windows 10 Pro version 1511  OS Build: 10586.318

Any suggestion on how to fix this?.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 4:39 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Since you tried the applicable fix but it doesn't works, it might possible your device don't have TPM supported hardware. You can contact device manufacture for further info on this, as they could help you better in this case.

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 5:06 AM
  • Is there a TPM device in your bios/uefi setup? This would probably cause this type of error. As above, check that your device has a TPM.
    Wednesday, December 7, 2016 5:15 AM
  • Hi Reinaldo Hernandez,

First of all, I have checked the HP website for your machine model. They haven`t released any Windows 10 drivers for your machine model. To make a device work well, the compatible drivers are necessary. You may contact the HP support for Windows 10 compatible drivers.

For present issue, please try to restart the machine then check the symptom again. Run "rsop.msc" to verify whether the gpo has been applied to the machine correctly.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 9:21 AM
  • After setting this policy, you might need to wait for a few seconds for it to apply. If you are very quick, I have seen this error.
    Wednesday, December 7, 2016 9:23 AM