Recovery point creation failed - DPM 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently started using DPM 2010 for as our backup solution.But the server that is in our other office which is connected by a 2meg leasded line, keeps telling me that the recovery point failed and that one of the drives that states that backup to tapes has failed.

It doesn't give any other messages, the data does get backed up to tape, so why is it displaying these false messages?

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:08 AM

Answers

• Hi, As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered". Either the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios and will be marked as answer, or this post will be marked as answer in order to close the thread. Feel free to re-open the thread if you have additional information about this specific case or to open a new thread for a new case. In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks,

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 + 2013 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 + 2012 Recipient

Monday, March 18, 2013 3:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

could you post the exact message pls.
    Also look in <dpmpath>\Temp\*curr*.ERRLOG  (the dpmra or dpmla one) for more information around the time this error was reported.

The projection job clearly did not complete entirely despite writing data to tape, for instance it could have problems in moving back tape to slot or something along those lines. The logs should provide more info on this.'

\R2 This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 3:13 PM
  • If you are looking at the Protection View, then there is likely an old alert which is sitting around in the Alerts view for this data source. Can you dismiss this alert from the Alerts view and check if the symptom disappears?

Thanks, Kapil Malhotra [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, November 13, 2010 4:27 PM
  • Hi, As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered". Either the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios and will be marked as answer, or this post will be marked as answer in order to close the thread. Feel free to re-open the thread if you have additional information about this specific case or to open a new thread for a new case. In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks,

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 + 2013 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 + 2012 Recipient

Monday, March 18, 2013 3:56 PM