AccessViolationException when program runs from other than desktop launch RRS feed

• Question

• I have a program, PowerSDR, a radio control program that runs fine when launched from the desktop.  But when launched from RDP remote computer, Windows says it stopped working and closes the program.  Also the program wont run on startup, or from the task scheduler.  I tried running as administrator, and in various compatibility modes with the same results. 

The logs show the following error occurs:

Application: PowerSDR.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
       at PowerSDR.PA19.PA_Initialize()
       at PowerSDR.Console..ctor(System.String[])
       at PowerSDR.Console.Main(System.String[])

Any ideas how to fix this?  Running Windows 10 Pro, Build 10586.

Saturday, April 30, 2016 7:29 AM

All replies

• Well an AccessViolationException would be an application error afaik, so what version of PowerSDR are you using, is there a confirmed Windows 10 version? Looking at that site if correct the latest version is from 2014. Looking at https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/ that has a 'How to revert Win10 to your previous operating system version ' article but no further info I can see, so would be worth contacting the supplier I would say.

Beyond that perhaps try using PsExex (part of PsTools ) to launch the app at start-up, can be used to run on local machine if no machine name given. Try the -h to use an elevated token, or try running it remotely using PsExec and the -i switch so it interacts with the desktop.

• Edited by -Mr Happy- Saturday, April 30, 2016 2:22 PM
    • Proposed as answer by ZigZag3143x Saturday, April 30, 2016 4:41 PM
    Saturday, April 30, 2016 2:21 PM
  • Hi Greg,

What is your current situation?

If any further help needed, please feel free to post back.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 1:45 AM
  • Current version is PowerSDR mRX v 3.3.7, open source program.  Runs fine in Win 10, except for the launch problem I described. 

I haven't been able to obtain the full source code yet, still working on it.  Due to the nature of the error, I believe the only way to track it down is to work with the source. 

GSWetzel

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 2:14 AM
  • Hi GSWetzel,

Have you contact the software manufacturer side?

If not, please contact them and see if they could offer any further assistance.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:05 AM