none
Create OLAP DB in Project Server Programmatically RRS feed

• Question

• Sriram,

I am trying to build the OLAP DB in Project Server programmatically by using Cube Admin serivce.

Any info will be helpfull.

I started from the CubeAdmin..::.CreateOlapDatabase Methodm which takes guid and cubesetting dataset.

but not been successful. how to get a cubesetting dataset.

Is there a post which gives examples for this entire creation. right from creation/setting , configuration and build .

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 3:31 AM

All replies

• I haven't seen a post that shows this.  You may find something similiar in the Project Server 2010 SDK.

Also, this post should be posted in the "Project Customization and Programming" forum

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:28 PM
  • I think the method you are looking for is BuildOlapDatabase.  Most of the other methods are to do the other options in the OLAP Database Management page.  If you already have the cubes configured then all you need to do is identfy the GUID and call this method.  You can see the GUID if you click on the cube name in the UI - or of course get it programmatically from the ReadOlapDatabaseSettingsList method.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 8:24 PM
    Owner