none
Remaining days in financial year RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to work out the number of days left in a financial year and can't seem to get this working could you have a quick look? The Status date is set to the end of the month so any days after that up to 31 dec I want to pick up.

int(ProjDateDiff([Status Date],IIf([Finish]<dateserial(year([Status Date]),12,31),[Finish],dateserial(year([Status Date]),12,31)),[Project Calendar])/60/8)

This seems to be showing a higher number of days ie a start of 16/10/2013 and end date of 23/05/2014 and a status date of 30/04/2013 should show up 140 days but this calculation is showing 160

How do I work out what calender is used in MS Project (we have project server also)

Friday, April 12, 2013 4:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To make your formula independent of which is the project calendar, and what are the calendar options, you can use this:

int(ProjDateDiff([Status Date];IIf([Finish]<dateserial(year([Status Date]);12;31);[Finish];dateserial(year([Status Date]);12;31)))/[Minutes Per Day])

When you do not use the Calendar in the function, it will automatically refer to the project calendar

Using Minutes per day instead of 480 makes it independent of the hours per day option.

Greetings,

Friday, April 12, 2013 9:13 AM