none
Office 365 Groups - privacy settings and access to document library

Question

• Hey

We are using Office 365 in our school and recently started using the 365 Groups as they are excellent for collaboration between staff; however, it has recently come to our attention that some students are able to access certain groups from the Sharepoint app despite the group being made private.

I noticed with a test student account that our private Social Science group is appearing in suggested sites which then allows pupils to access the document library and OneNote (not conversations or the calendar). I am unable to see the site in Sharepoint Admin and there are no permissions settings for the document library.

The only thing I can think of is that when I made the group it was public and changing it since it (and later renaming it) has broken it in someway.

Thank for the help and sorry if I posted in the wrong area.

Ash

• Edited by AshEaton Monday, December 12, 2016 12:04 PM
    Monday, December 12, 2016 11:53 AM

All replies

• That is strange. If the group is private, it will be visible to students, but they should not have access to anything inside of it (documents, conversations, etc.). Something funky going on.
    Monday, December 12, 2016 2:46 PM
  • I know that I used powershell (per the MS guide) to rename it and then change to a private group. It seems the site part of the group is still public and I cannot see anyway to make it private now.

Monday, December 12, 2016 3:50 PM