none
Cannot see or connect to SBS 2003 server RRS feed

• Question

• Guys / Gals,

I have a very interesting issue. I have a client that has a SBS 2003 server running on 2008 Hyper-v. The Host server it was sitting on was going to be replaced so I moved to over to 2012 Hyper-V server. Server boots fine and can see all other systems and internet from the SBS server but non of the client PC systems or other servers see the moved SBS server. All services are running and there are no unusual errors being reported. After working on it for better part of a day I decided to move it back to the original 2008 HV server host and then had the same issue. So I did a restore from BEFORE any migration movement time and dates. STILL the same problem of the client not able to see, connect or even ping the server. I changed the IP , I reinstalled the NIC and still no success. I then restored as a active VM, for the 5th time, from a date 2 days before any work to a Linux based DR and backup system we have onsite and STILL no connections or even pings of seeing the SBS server. There are other VMs running on both the 2008 and 2012 hosts with no problems. I reset the entire network hardware environment and nothing can get this SBS 2003 to be visible. I completed a virus scan and there were nothing to report back. I am at a loss. any advise would be appreciated. 

• Edited by yak55 Thursday, May 12, 2016 1:16 PM
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 1:13 PM