windows cannot find server manager.ink RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm getting this error when right clicking on "My Computer", and selecting "Manage" in Windows 7 Ultimate:
     "Windows cannot find 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools\server manager.ink' . This happened after I uninstalled the driver ati

what can i do to fix this?

Saturday, January 1, 2011 8:18 PM

Answers

• You might try using System Restore to go back to a point in time when the system was working.  It only takes about 3 minutes and doesn't cause you to lose any recent files, emails, or anything else.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Thursday, February 3, 2011 7:59 AM
    Saturday, January 1, 2011 9:16 PM

All replies

• You might try using System Restore to go back to a point in time when the system was working.  It only takes about 3 minutes and doesn't cause you to lose any recent files, emails, or anything else.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Thursday, February 3, 2011 7:59 AM
    Saturday, January 1, 2011 9:16 PM
  • Surely you shouldnt have a Server Manager.lnk in Windows 7 Ultimate. When accessing the "Manage" item from My Computer this should launch CompMgmt.msc through the Shortcut 'Computer Management.lnk'

Why was the ATI driver uninstalled? Do you have an updated/more suitable driver in its place?

Lee Bowman MCITP MCTS
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 2:28 PM