none
Windows Virtual PC - Other Devices Virtual PC Integration Device (unknown devices) RRS feed

• Question

• Running Windows 7 Evaluation Copy Build 7100, Windows Virtual PC running WinXP SP3 (my additional copy of WinXP).

One of the unknown device says it can not find necessary software for tape drive (I have an HP Colorado 8Gb IDE), if I try to use generic qic157.sys driver I lose integration tools.  When I try to remove the device, it caused Windows 7 to crash (blue screen).

Is the release version of Windows Virtual PC  going to have the same device capabilities as WinXP?

Windows 7 does recognize the Tape Drive as HP Colorado 8GB ATA Device.  When I installed Windows 7 it did not recognize JMicron JMB36X Raid Controller (used Vista drivers from manufactures web site) not sure if that is one of unknown devices

Thursday, September 10, 2009 10:32 PM

Answers

• After checking the issue, it seems this is a general Windows 7 related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows 7 forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprovirt/threads

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Friday, September 11, 2009 8:42 AM