Add Template - Error RRS feed

• Question

• Since applyting CU1 for Service Pack 1,  we cannot add templates to our CompanyName-Templates management pack.  When we try to add a new template, it kicks an error message saying that templates can only be created within a sealed management pack.  I thought that the point was to create unsealed management packs in order to keep customizations outside of the core system management packs so that updates do not disrupt cutomized.  The error message reads "Failed to execute Submit operation.  Fix the reported error before submitting again.  Cannot add ManagementPackReference ManagementPack: [Name=ManagementPack.Custom.IncidentForm, KeyToken=, Version 1.0.0.0]. Unsealed management packes cannot be added as references.  Specify a valid sealed management pack reference." 
    The early bird gets the worm. The second mouse gets the cheese.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:08 PM

Answers

• The customer had customized the default incident form and put that in an unsealed management pack.  I will have them either seal the management pack or put customizations in the same management pack as the form customization.

Cheers

• Marked as answer by David K Welch Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:18 PM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:18 PM

All replies

• The customer had customized the default incident form and put that in an unsealed management pack.  I will have them either seal the management pack or put customizations in the same management pack as the form customization.

Cheers

• Marked as answer by David K Welch Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:18 PM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:18 PM
  • Hi David,

Same problem here, what did you do? I have also customizations in the form.

Monday, September 3, 2012 9:45 AM
  • We had to seal the management pack with the customizations. 

Monday, September 3, 2012 2:03 PM