none
Windows Vista Calculator

Question

•  

Hello,

I deleted the shortcut for my calculator and can't seem to find it in my programs. Does anyone know how and where to find it?

Thank You for any help.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 1:32 PM

Answers

• Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32. In the System32 folder, locate the 'Calc.exe' file. Right click this file and select the 'Create shortcut' option. Click OK in the dialog box and a shortcut to the calculator will be placed on your Desktop.

You can move the shortcut to any location from there. You can also rename the shortcut to whatever name you wish to use.

If this post answers your question, please click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message
    so that other members can benefit from the discussion.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Tuesday, May 06, 2008 11:29 PM

All replies

• Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32. In the System32 folder, locate the 'Calc.exe' file. Right click this file and select the 'Create shortcut' option. Click OK in the dialog box and a shortcut to the calculator will be placed on your Desktop.

You can move the shortcut to any location from there. You can also rename the shortcut to whatever name you wish to use.

If this post answers your question, please click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message
    so that other members can benefit from the discussion.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Tuesday, May 06, 2008 11:29 PM
  • Thank you, I couldn't find it anywhere! You have helped me immensely.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 11:01 AM
  • Your welcome, very glad this helped.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Wednesday, May 07, 2008 4:30 PM
  • thank you so much for this. i too had the same problem. i was able to return my calculator back the the accesories folder without to much hassle. ive been trying to find out how to do this for way over a year..thank you so much
    Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:33 PM
  • Vista may be old, but then so is my '65 Mustang ragtop and both run better than any of the latest stuff I have seen. Thanks for the fix Ronnie. Glad the answer was still here.
    Saturday, February 10, 2018 1:34 AM