Halo 2: Cannot Connect to Live? RRS feed

• Question

• The error message:

Cannot connect to Live. You may be using a Windows Live ID from a region that is not supported by LIVE.

I've played this game several times and I am in the US. I registered my account in the US. I used to play on Vista x86 (or whatever the larger bit version was) and now I play on Win7 x64 since my old hard drive started failing. Well, I would be playing on Win7 x64 version, but it won't let me.

I can log into Games for Windows - Live with my Live account just fine. I can log into XBox Live's website just fine.

I have the feeling that the issue is very simple, and the first issue I had was really easily fixed: Updating my client. (I had issues with it loading the log in screen prior to this issue.) I ran the updater, and I can get to the login screen. Now I can't get logged in because of this error.

Can someone throw me a bone here? =\ A really tasty, interesting one that is. I would love to get back to playing this game since I've not beaten it yet and I've had it over a year now, almost two. (Couldn't play it for the first year because I didn't have a graphic card.)

If any additional information is needed to help get through this, just let me know and I'll give it if I can.

Thank you!

-Chev

• Changed type Magon Liu Thursday, November 25, 2010 9:04 AM
    Friday, October 29, 2010 12:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please update the LIVE, if the issue persists, please feel free to post your thread at the Games for Windows forum, the concerned team will try to help you out.

I hope it helps.

Thank you.

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, November 26, 2010 4:05 AM
    Monday, November 1, 2010 7:26 AM