Can not display Page layouts and site templates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

When I go to site settings->Look and Feel -> Page layouts and site templates, I have the following error message. Anyone has suggestion how to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Miranda

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:09 PM

All replies

• I believe this should resolve the issue:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointcustomizationlegacy/thread/131ba55f-3867-428e-8342-8ec5afeceb66

1) deactivate the site collection feature "Office SharePoint Server Publishing  Infrastructure"
    2) deactivate the site feature "Office SharePoint Server Publishing"

3) activate the site collection feature "Office SharePoint Server Publishing  Infrastructure"
    4) activate the site feature "Office SharePoint Server Publishing"

Roger Cormier

Microsoft
    Premier Field Engineer, SharePoint

Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rcormier/
    Twitter: LinkedIn:

Note: My posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:17 PM
  • Hi Miranda,

Based on the Correlation ID, have you checked to see if there any detailed error information in ULS logs? Please have a check, then you can resolve the issue better.

And have a look at the following article:

http://spstop.blogspot.com/2010/02/there-are-no-page-layout-files.html

Regards,

Kelly Chen

• Unproposed as answer by Kelly Chen 2012 Tuesday, November 20, 2012 1:12 AM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:05 AM
  • Thank you Roger and Yaoayo, I checked the Master pages and page layouts, the "Allow management of content types" has been checked as Yes in Advanced Settings under DOucment Library Settings, I also switched the order from "Change new button order and default content type" (The first two options already have been checked), nothing happened.

I want to try to deactivate two features but I only can find the first one site collection feature "Office SharePoint Server Publishing  Infrastructure". Anyone can let me know where is the site feature "Office SharePoint Server Publishing"?

Thanks.

Miranda

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:39 PM
  • It should be under site actions (instead of site collection administration).  If you can't find it, I can see if I can dig up a PowerShell script to perform this task.

Roger Cormier

Microsoft

Note: My posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

• Edited by Roger CormierMicrosoft employee Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:56 PM updated "site administration" to "site actions", for finding web scoped features.
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:15 PM
  • Thank you Roger for your reply. I can't find it under Site Administration as well. Please let me know if you can find it from PowerSheel script. Thanks.

Miranda

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:10 PM
  • It should look something similar to the following (assuming the issue is occurring in the root web of the site collection):

$RootWebURL = "http://contoso.com"

Disable-SPFeature -Identify PublishingWeb -URL $RootWebURL
    Disable-SPFeature –Identity Publishing –url $RootWebURL

Enable-SPFeature -Identify Publishing -URL $RootWebURL
    Enable-SPFeature -Identify PublishingWeb -URL $RootWebURL

You could also pass along a different Site and Web URLs as well if the problem is occurring at any other web than the root web of the site collection.

Roger Cormier

Microsoft

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:46 PM
  • Hi,

To manage site features, go to site actions->site settings->site actions->manage site features->SharePoint Server Publishing.

Regards,

Kelly Chen

Thursday, November 15, 2012 1:26 AM
  • Thank you Kelly.

I have deactivate the two features and reactivate them too. Nothing happened. Has not fixed the problem. Any suggestion? This works for root but not for this particular one site under root.

Thank you in advance.

Miranda

Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:13 PM
  • Hi Miranda,

Did you have checked the ULS logs to see if there any detailed error information based on the Correlation ID? Please have a look.

Regards,

Kelly Chen

Monday, November 19, 2012 2:47 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.

I think I find the problem. The Database name for root is different than the site that has the error. Maybe that's why the root has no problem but this particular site has the problem. The other site under root which has no problem has the same database name as root. I don't know why it has been set up to this way. It could be this particulare site which has the error is a large site so the previous admin had set up a different DB name. Anyone has any suggestions how to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

Miranda

Monday, November 19, 2012 8:36 PM
  • I think I was wrong. I just created a new site collection. This has the same database name with the one which has the problem to open the "Page layouts and site templates". This new site collection has no problem with "Page layouts and site templates". Anyone know how I can fix the problem that one site can not open "Page layouts and site templates"?

Thank you in advance!

Miranda

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 4:20 PM
  • Hi Miranda,

just go to site>settings> site actions>manage site features> activate "

SharePoint Server Publishing" feature. you will get age layout and site templates.

Sushant

Thursday, February 25, 2016 11:52 AM