Urgent: Vista Black Screen error on boot up RRS feed

• Question

• I stupidly followed advice to disable all services and startups in order to cure a rundll issue but now when I boot up I just get a black screen and white cursor. I can see nothing else? I have tried boooting in safe mode - still black screen. And in safe mode with command prompt. The command prompt box shows but when I type msconfig nothing happens.

I urgently need help to get thi sback on track.  I do not have any installation disk to be able to re install Vista.
    Please help
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 10:00 PM

All replies

• Hi

on this problem it has to open in safe mode
    if not with my experience download windows recovery dvd search with bing
    burn to disk and load after restarting if you have a image backup you can restore by giving path to it or give automatic search , it will find for restore points and restores the changes....
    by default  windows make restore points when you do some changes on system...

Hope it helps
    NIKHIL
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 5:12 AM
  • If I open in safe mode I still only get a black screen.  I`m so worried about losing all my photos etc.  I can ctr-alt-del to get up task manager - is there anything I can do from there?
    I have treid soing a system restore but I only had one point in there and that has not resolved the situation.

Getting desparate now
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 7:17 AM
  • OK in task manager go to process and check if explorer.exe working or not
    if not click on new task(RUN) with administrator privileges type explorer.exe
    click OK
    or try after restarting press F8 it shows Advanced startup options
    click on last known good configuration(advanced)..

Hope it Helps
    NIKHIL
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 8:05 AM