none
Error 4010 running integration services 3.4 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I've a CentOS 6.3 x64 running in Hyper-V 2012. Integration services 6.4 are installed, and server seems ok. Virtual nic is working well too.

Hyper-V reports the 4010 error

Hyper-V Data Exchange connected to virtual machine 'server', but the version does not match the version expected by Hyper-V. Framework version: Negotiated (3.0) - Expected (3.0); Message version: Negotiated (3.0) - Expected (4.0). This is an unsupported configuration. This means that technical support will not be provided until this problem is resolved. To fix this problem, upgrade the integration services. To upgrade, connect to the virtual machine and select Insert Integration Services Setup Disk from the Action menu.

How can I fix this?

thanks

Friday, January 18, 2013 11:34 AM

All replies

• You can ignore this message as the problem is benign. This is because Integration Services use the Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V protocol. We have updated the protocol to the one on Windows Server 2012 recently and you should see it trickle in to various distributions starting this year.

Abhishek Gupta

PM, Linux Integration Services,

Microsoft Corporation.

Friday, January 25, 2013 11:27 PM
  • Thank you.

I don't understand how I'll upgrade IC to W2012 protocol where available. Will you release a "3.5" version as previous? Or it will be released inside distribution upgrades (from RH/CentOs in my case)?

Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:15 PM
  • Hi, we also have latest Windows Server 2012 Standard as Hyper-V host, hosting latest Linux CentOS 6.3 amd64 as virtual machine, with installed latest available Linux Integration Services Version 3.4 for Hyper-V . When inserting integration disc using Hyper-V management console, it only has windows .exe binaries.

Where we can find newer version of integration tools to be in supported scenario ?

-- Hrvoje Kusulja

Saturday, February 16, 2013 12:23 AM
  • Try eject all ISO before. Here works fine!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:47 PM